Government co-contributions calculator
The co-contribution scheme is an incentive which encourages Australians to contribute to their super on a post-tax basis and receive an additional contribution from the Government (50 cents for every $1 contributed, up to a maximum of $500 each financial year).
Enter your details below to estimate your potential eligibility today.
You must meet the following requirements to receive the government co-contribution:
- make eligible contributions to your super from your post-tax income
- earn a total income of less than $49,488 a year pre-tax. The government co-contribution scheme is scaled - the maximum co-contribution amount that you can receive decreases by 3.33 cents for every $1 you earn over $34,388 gradually reducing to zero once you earn $49,488
- be employed full-time, part-time or casually
- earn a minimum 10% of income from an employer and/or running a business if self-employed
- must be less than 71 years of age
- must not be a temporary resident anytime in the year the contribution is made
- lodge an income tax return for the relevant income year.
Limits apply to post-tax contributions
Where to from here?
- For assistance with Government co-contributions over the phone, call us on 1300 033 166.
Please note this calculator provides estimates only and should not be relied on for the purposes of making any decisions in relation to your super. We recommend you seek financial advice from Telstra Super Financial Planning Pty Ltd prior to making any decisions.