Find a form
Telstra Super provides a range of forms to help you manage your super. Simply choose from the drop down box below, and then return to us via post or email. Don’t forget to enclose or attach any additional documentation that may be required.
Anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws which come into effect on 1 January 2016 require members to inform us whether they are a politically exposed person (“PEP”) before we are able to pay them a benefit or pension from the fund and in other circumstances required by law. Our forms have been updated to include the required information.
A politically exposed person is an individual who holds a prominent public position or function in a government body or an international organisation, or who is an immediate family member or close associate of such a person.
Therefore, before making any request to Telstra Super, please ensure that you complete and return the most recent version of the relevant form to us. Our updated forms can be located below.
How to submit forms to Telstra Super
Telstra Super Pty Ltd
PO Box 14309
Melbourne VIC 8001
Email your scanned or saved form to:
Please note the following guidelines for submitting forms via email:
- emails received before 5.30pm will be actioned using the current
Victorian Business Day
- emails received after 5.30pm will be actioned using the next Victorian Business Day
- forms must be properly completed and signed in order to be processed
- all information included in scanned forms must be legible
- the preferred file format is PDF or JPEG, although TIF and BMP files will also be accepted
- file size must be less than 20mbs.
We’re here to help
If you require assistance completing your form or have any other questions concerning your account, please call one of our Member Services Consultants on 1300 033 166 between 8.00am and 5.30pm (Melbourne time) Monday to Friday, or submit an online enquiry.