We will give you:
- A contemporary and flexible workspace, work where / when / how you want to work — we have an open mind to flexibility and provide real genuine flexibility and enable you to achieve work life balance, providing you with the tools to enable you to work productively
- Social and volunteering activities, paid time off to assist with charity and worthwhile causes in our community
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace. A strong focus on diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our business from recruitment to leader training, how we create teams and interact with each other means you will have close connection to your team and all leaders.
We believe in the inherent strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us to forge strong connections with all our members, innovate and make better decisions for our business.
We have an active working group and Diversity Council that prioritise activities and initiatives which cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture that continues to make TelstraSuper a great place to work and we celebrate our diversity.
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and show how we work every day to help our members save for the retirement they want.
Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy
Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy focuses on enhancing the TelstraSuper work environment through three foundational streams:
Inclusion and Respect — Creating an inclusive culture and ensuring under-represented people are included in our workforce and their diverse thinking is valued. Our people have the opportunity to learn and grow with us, regardless of their gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation and professional background.
Diversity in Leadership —increasing representation of women in Leadership roles and ensuring we build inclusive leadership capability.
Flexible work and career — enabled by technology, fair policies and practices to ensure TelstraSuper employees can balance their work and personal life as they move through various life and career stages and enabling teams to become more agile and adaptable to their changing circumstances.
We have committed to ongoing programs to instil awareness and change behaviour to foster diversity and inclusion such as:
- Annual days of celebrations to highlight our diverse and talented workforce
- unconscious bias awareness training for all People Leaders
- continue to recruit from a diverse pool of candidates and aim to shortlist both men and women for every role, including gender-balanced interview panels
- remuneration and gender pay analysis annually
- ongoing review of workplace environment and update people policies and processes in line with best practice
- education for Management on workplace flexibility
- continue to celebrate Cultural Diversity with a calendar of events throughout the year
A focus on health and wellbeing
We are committed to the health and well-being of our people and in conjunction with our Work, Health and Safety committee we offer a number of initiatives to support and maintain a healthy lifestyle:
- Yearly onsite (free) flu vaccinations
- Employee and Manager Assistance Program
- Complimentary fruit two days per week
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Domestic Leave support provisions
- Health and Wellness programs to support you
Culture and community
We also support and are committed to the greater Community. We offer both Community Service Leave and Volunteer Leave in addition to Red Cross Blood Donations and numerous fund-raising activities.