Benefits of a TTR
The Transition to Retirement (TTR) strategy is generally used for one of two reasons:
- create and build wealth leading into retirement.
- work less and maintain your income for a better lifestyle balance.
Who's eligible for a TTR
You can start a TTR income stream if you:
- have reached your preservation age
- are less than 65 years of age
- have never met a relevant condition of release
- have a minimum of $10,000 to invest.
If you're 65 or over and have already retired, a retirement income stream might be for you.
How a TTR works
With a TTR strategy, you have two accounts:
- your super (accumulation) account: which receives contributions plus any investment earnings.
- your flexible retirement income stream account: which is set up using some (or all) of your super savings.
Benefits of a TTR income strategy
- pay less tax
- increase your savings
- top up your take-home pay.
A TTR strategy can help you build wealth while you are still working. Potential benefits include:
- reduce your tax bill
- increase your super by salary sacrificing an amount of your wage
- make up any 'lost' income through payments from your retirement income stream
A TTR strategy can be used to achieve a better lifestyle balance if you decide to work less. Potential benefits include:
- get paid the same amount of money by drawing an income from your super
- cut down on working hours (there are no restrictions on the hours you work)
- move to a lower paid job.
Ready to take the next step?
Remember, a TTR strategy requires careful planning! But if you're ready to apply, here are some steps you can take:
- do it yourself: download the Income Stream Application TelstraSuper RetireAccess form and set up a TTR
- let us help you: speak to an adviser from TelstraSuper Financial Planning to set up a TTR. Give us a call on 1300 033 166.
This product has a Target Market Determination (TMD) that outlines its target market, distribution conditions and reporting obligations. You can view the TMD here
Get the right advice
TelstraSuper Financial Planning can provide you with simple personal advice over the phone on your retirement planning options; give them a call on 1300 033 166 to discuss your advice needs. Alternatively you can request a callback using our online form.Request a call