Direct Access gives you greater control of your super
- freedom: invest directly in ASX 300 companies, term deposits, or select from our range of more than 30 Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), including four ethical options
- convenience: you can buy and sell investments in real-time, by accessing the online platform through SuperOnline on our web site
- free research: you'll get access to the latest quotes, research and market data from Thomson Reuters as well as stock commentary from UBS
- competitive fees for administration and brokerage: Direct Access offers many of the same features as a self-managed super fund, but without the high set-up costs, high administrative fees and the hassle of meeting strict compliance requirements required by the Australian Taxation Office.
Who can invest in Direct Access?
To register for a Direct Access account you must:
- have a minimum balance of $50,000 in your TelstraSuper accumulation account; and
- transfer at least $10,000 into Direct Access (which includes ensuring a minimum balance of $200 in a Cash Transaction Account);
- keep a minimum of $10,000 in your other TelstraSuper investment options;
- be registered for SuperOnline; and
- have a Tax File Number (TFN) and a valid email address on file.
Please note that Direct Access fees cannot be charged against a MySuper investment. If you have a MySuper allocation for either your current and/or future contributions, you'll need to move this allocation to another investment option in order to register for Direct Access.
How to register
Registering for a Direct Access account is easy. Simply login to SuperOnline and select the 'Direct Access' link from the left-hand menu.
If you haven't yet provided a valid email address or your TFN to TelstraSuper, you can do so while registering for your Direct Access account. If you're not an existing SuperOnline user, first register for our secure member portal. Remember to have your member number and four-digit PIN handy.
To close your Direct Access account, simply select the account closure link on the 'My investment choice' page within SuperOnline. Please note that all investments within your Direct Access account must be sold before your request can be processed.
For more information read our Direct Access product guide.
Need help with Direct Access?
At TelstraSuper we’re here to help you build a secure financial future. TelstraSuper Financial Planning has a team of phone based Advisers who can provide you with simple advice about your super investments. They can be contacted on 1300 033 166 or fill in our online form. There's no additional charge for our phone based service as this is included in your TelstraSuper membership.Online contact form