Direct Access option
From 1 February 2017, we are making some modest changes to our asset allocations. Visit www.telstrasuper.com.au/fundupdate for more information about the changes. You may want to consider the changes if you’re thinking of changing investment options.
To provide members with the choice and flexibility to manage part of their super.
Who should invest?
Those who are comfortable taking an active role managing their super investment.
Allows members to invest a proportion of their super in their choice of:
- Australian shares that form part of the S&P/ASX 300 Index
- other listed securities such as Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) approved by the Trustee; and
- a range of approved term deposits.
The return will depend on the mix of investments selected by individual members.
The minimum suggested timeframe will depend on the investments selected by individual members. The minimum suggested timeframes that generally apply to the investments in the Direct Access option are:
- term deposits: 2 years or less
- listed securities and Australian share that form part of the S&P/ASX 300. Index: 8-10 years.
The risk level will depend on the mix of investments selected by individual members. The risk levels that generally apply to the investments in Direct Access option are:
- term deposits: very low risk
- listed securities such as ETFs, and Australian Shares that form part of the S&P/ASX 300 Index: very high risk.
The likelihood of a negative return will vary depending on each member’s allocation to shares and term deposits and other listed securities, and the performance of the investments selected by individual members.
Long-term investment mix
The mix of growth and defensive assets will depend on the mix of investments selected by individual members. The growth/defensive characteristics that generally apply to the investments in the Direct Access option are:
- term deposits: defensive assets
- listed securities and Australian shares that form part of the S&P/ASX 300 Index: growth assets.
For further information read the Direct Access Product Guide.
Find out more
As with any investment option, it’s important to ensure that the choices you make suit your long-term investment strategy and individual goals and circumstances.
To find out more about Direct Access, including the terms and conditions of use, eligibility criteria and current term deposit and CTA rates, view our range of online education resources.
The aim of this information is to provide members with investment objective and strategy details (including mixed investments) that we consider members reasonably need to understand the fund's investments and reflect the manner in which objectives and strategies have been formulated by the Trustee pursuant to superannuation law and discretionary powers under the Trust Deed.