To provide members with the choice and flexibility to manage part of their super.
Who should invest?
Those who are comfortable taking an active role managing their super investment.
Allows members to invest a proportion of their super in their choice of:
- Australian shares that form part of the S&P/ASX 300 Index
- other listed securities such as Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) approved by the Trustee; and
- a range of approved term deposits.
The return will depend on the mix of investments selected by individual members.
The minimum suggested timeframe will depend on the investments selected by individual members. The minimum suggested timeframes that generally apply to the investments in the Direct Access option are:
- term deposits: 1 years or less
- approved Exchange-Traded Funds: 8-10 years
- listed securities and Australian share that form part of the S&P/ASX 300. Index: 8-10 years.
The risk level will depend on the mix of investments selected by individual members. The risk levels that generally apply to the investments in Direct Access option are:
- term deposits: very low risk
- listed securities such as ETFs, and Australian Shares that form part of the S&P/ASX 300 Index: very high risk.
The likelihood of a negative return will vary depending on each member’s allocation to shares, Exchange Traded Funds and term deposits and other listed securities, and the performance of the investments selected by individual members.
Long-term strategic investment mix
The mix of growth and defensive assets will depend on the mix of investments selected by individual members. The growth/defensive characteristics that generally apply to the investments in the Direct Access option are:
- term deposits: defensive assets
- approved Exchange Traded Funds: growth or defensive assets
- listed securities and Australian shares that form part of the S&P/ASX 300 Index: growth assets.
For further information download and read the Direct Access Product Guide.
Find out more
As with any investment option, it’s important to ensure that the choices you make suit your long-term investment strategy and individual goals and circumstances.
Portfolio holdings disclosure
TelstraSuper is proud of our investment track record and approach to responsible investment. To provide a better understanding of what that means and how we invest our funds on behalf of our members, every 30 June and 31 December reporting date we take a “snapshot” of our portfolio holdings‡ and then break it down to show the investment allocations for each investment option. In line with current legislation, this information is made available within 90 days of each reporting date and is presented to meet the required reporting and formatting standards. For more information please see the Investments - Portfolio Holdings Disclosure section of our FAQs page.