You can apply for voluntary Death only or Death & TPD cover without providing medical evidence, following a specified Life Event (conditions apply – refer to the relevant Insurance Guide for details).
Life Events include certain changes that may impact your personal or financial situation, such as:
- Birth or adoption of children;
- Marriage or divorce;
- Start or end of a "recognised relationship"^ including a civil partnership;
- A new mortgage for the purchase or construction of a home or investment property;
- Financing a renovation with a minimum cost of $30,000;
- Child starting primary or secondary school;
- Death of a spouse;
- Buying a business with a business loan of more than $100,000;
- Turning 30, 40, or 45 years of age.
Applying for Life Events cover
A Life Event application will generally be accepted provided you meet the eligibility criteria and provide satisfactory documentation supporting the occurrence of the life event.
Read through the relevant Insurance Guide or for help with your insurance options, simply call us on 1300 033 166.
This information is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any advice you should assess whether it is appropriate for you and consider talking to a financial adviser. Before making any decision or acquiring any product you should obtain and review its product disclosure statement by calling 1300 033 166 or on this website.
*Eligible members only. Or you can download most forms from telstrasuper.com.au/forms.
^For a full definition of "recognised relationship", please refer to the relevant Insurance Guide.